Narrative Assignment

Yifei Wang

ENGL 21001 P, 

9/17/2019

Last few months, I have been went to my idol’s concert and song along with the fans together which is a dreamful experience to me. The night before the concert come, I’m rolling back and forth try to fall asleep, but the imagination about how the concert would be and does they look the same in real life than on the video, this kind of assuming and the image like a car without breaks rushing around my brain.

My friends and I was gathered at Brooklyn and we rented a car ahead to New Jersy. The frosted glass cloud floating above the ocean of iron, I was quivered all the time. The tail of winter still surrounding at the beginning of spring. In the car we were talking about our own life, what class they need to take and how does the part time job exhausted them. The driver join the conversion as well. When we were arrived at the stadium the fans already queue in front of the gate. Half of my view was occupied by pink color, everybody hold the light stick and the poster with idols’ picture. For a second I thought that I was take a part in a religion group. The eagerness to the idol led the believers into one place and I was one of them. As we get in the stadium, the staff of the company are selling the merchandise of the group. The stadium became a supermarket and the idol group is on the shelf. I was seating in the bowl with cereal and look at other cereals which dancing the movement of the music video with each other in front of the stage.

The purple light shot from the stage which mixed with the dimness, the screen sparkle the idol group’s name. All of these visual sense gives me an illusion. The stars form the stage are jumping between us, we are drifting in this parallel universe. The people are taking pictures of the moment for remember the precious memory in their treasure box, otherwise nothing left.

The familiar songs went several times then the group show up with blasted music, the light turn into brightly red that draw my attention to them. They are gleaming on the stage, the fine white outfit with sparkle and their still looks elegant even when they perform the dancing part, lights are changing along with the beats and everything in this stadium seems isolated with reality. The reality that we struggle with. All the audience are boiling for them. Maybe my skin system doesn’t work as it used to, the temperature is climbing up for several degrees. The powerful melody notes though the air pumping into my veins and provides me the strength to screaming louder than ever. The cheer of the audience echo around the stadium, I can’t tell which one is come from my mouth. Over thousand fireflies twinkle in the stadium, the mild pink light shined the satisfy expression of everyone. I’m such a little figure among the pink sea, we are all have different background, religion, race, culture with each other. However, we are the same type person who are admire to a well design figure. Do we really like the the idol, the person and their personality? Look back to that time, all the things appear to us is a fine product. The group’s appearance, personality was wrap by candy paper which the company gives them. This kind of design are also worked on our social media. We are chasing the dream that we pretended and the dream others knitted. We are seeing what we want to look at because life isn’t as perfect as the idol groups’ life.

Once the first song finished the following is solo stage. The audience was quiet as the lights vanish in the dark. Everything back to the beginning, the gentle piano sound was flowing around the air stroked the crowd’s ears. The autumn’s afternoon alike light is aimless full fill the air, the steam from the dry ice machine made the singer seems like step on clouds. This member of the group is my bias because I find we has common point on personality, in other hands I want to become the person who has strong will and strive for the goal, just as the person on the stage.  Listen the live makes me thinking a lot. They work hard for their dream and become one of the top stars of the industry, I like their attitude of never give up for chasing your dream and put your effort to achieve that. But those trails are showing on purpose for attracting people become a fan. Their perfect illusion makes me want to escape form my life and trying to connect with them in star-fans relationship to release the bored emotion and the pressure form the reality. My friends who came with me and my parents even me are also fighting hard for what they want. Isn’t they can be the idol as well? At the day which doesn’t have class, I’m fighting with my one and only enemy called English. Moring sunlight come in through the window with bright awaking energy, fresh cool wind reminds me is the middle of September already. I’m flipping the pages of next chapter and write down the main point in my notes, trying to decode the cipher one by one that in the text book. This unexceptional moment can also as bright as the singer on that stage. 

The chorus part as same as the audio verson, professional and emotional. The song become a story which be represent by the singer. Her chocolate like voice has sweeten everybody’s sensation. Over thousand people focus on the stage, it is the first time I have been experienced these wonderful moments. Everyone and I was holding their phone for recording this unforgettable moment, we are shifting the attention form the singer’s performance to our cell phone; just the few of our loose the leash of our phone. Generation changes quickly, not just machine has improved its efficiency, human as well. My friends and I waved our light stick along with the song. Little stars are light up our lighthouse which in our mind. Through the dancing part, I can feel a storm is forming in my palm. My heartbeat pumps as the bass beats, speed up as fire a rocket and launched when we are jumping together.

Feels like just an hour past but the concert is nearly end. I stuck my eyes on the screen trying to remember all the second that we been through. I was doing as hard as I can for scoop up the water of time by using a net. We only cherish the time when we run out of it, every page of our life also be abused when we at that moment. I’m such silly thought everything is constant as the diamond. My parents and I came to America five years ago and someday I found the family pictures of that time when I check my photos on my phone. The river of age running on my mother’s face and my grandparents’ face doesn’t fit the face of my memory. Time is a sneak thief who steal the person from your childhood memories. 

When we were out of that stadium, the numberless tiny water-drop apply a film filter of the night view, seems like I was standing the scene of the Hongkong movie, Chungking Express. The cozy yellow light from street lamp spread on our jacket. Foggy rain crumbled the cold night of early spring into pieces. Green and red lights twist with each other, reflects on the wet tar road. For all the things had happened to me is a flower in the mirror when we were moving from a place with thousand people to an open place. We were jumping into the car when the driver waved at us. Look though out the window when we were on the bridge, cargo ship was slowly pushed the water away and ahead to somewhere else. The orange light from the house are outstanding in the blue-blackish spring night. Those lights remind me the warm of my bed. Even is nearly mid night there still has a lot of cars on the high way. After listening the loudly music for two hours and switch into a comfort and peaceful environment that makes me feel emptiness. Entertainment is entertainment, once we put most of our focus on it all we got is the hollowness filled our emotions. Facing to an iron square which has image in it for hours and hours, but at the end of the day the seed of emptiness grow bigger than before. As I grow up interesting things in my phone are bombarding my life which block the chance of close to the nature. I remember when was a kid, I went to outside for riding bicycle. Even it’s still one player activity but I can recall the cloud was fired by the sun which makes me squint my eyes. I press down my foot on the pedal for give a dash, I could vaguely smell the scent of the grass and the noise of the wind hit my ears makes me worry about do I ride it too fast. The sound of cricket was the best background music when I stop for rest. But I’m satisfied with the video of the concert which was the shiniest moment of this year. 

I was seated at the front seat and listened to my friends talking about the concert and wandering what is the time when I arrive at home.