Summary reflection essay

Yifei Wang

ENL 21000, section p

12/15/19

Summary reflection essay

In this semester of writing, I learn the knowledge of grammar. Especially the singular and the pulura of “a group of people.” I’m always confused by the “people.” Before each assignment, the practice material would help me how does the essay should be like. Concrete details that is rarely be used in my writing. In the narrative essay, I described the visual sensation in the essay. I also used this concept of my world humanities essay. The metaphor is the technique that I’m not doing in my essay. I have tried figurative language in this semester. I need more practice of this technique. 

Punctuating compound also is a big step of my writing skill improvement. Place the punctuation at the right position of the sentence helps me connect the throughs fragment of the whole essay and when I can easily make the second draft. The formal letter format gives me the scheme of how to write a formal letter. I used the dense information in each paragraph of the format to write my argumentative essay. Parallel construction is the writing skill that I have used in my other class’ essay. It is useful for me to demonstrate some examples in detail.

For the argumentation or research essay, common logical fallacies such as ad hominum, bandwagon appeal, and slippery slope. This concept of logical fallacies help me to define what kind of logical fallacies I have. Subject-verb agreement is a challenge for me. Because most of time, it is hard to self-aware. So I go to the writing center for correct my essay.

During this semester, the practice of this details help me to construct academic writing skills.