Reflection essay of Argumentative Assignment

Yifei Wang

ENL 21000 p

12/15/19

Comparing argumentative assignment with narrative assignment, argumentative assignment requires a clear theme which is supported by evidence. In the past, I would choose a fact as my theme statement. But a clear theme statement should be specific, debatable, and supportable. That helps me to deliver my message clearly to the readers. Not just the theme, every subtitle should be specific, debatable, and supportable. That is easy to develop a paragraph when I give a clear subtitle.

In this argumentative assignment, the diet topic is hard to debate with for me. Because this topic is a more scientific topic. Without the professional knowledge of biology, the only thing I can do to demonstrate to the readers of my theme’s significance is showing the  research data of others to support my theme. The result of this is the assignment becomes a google search result. Next time I may choose a philosophy theme as my topic. 

The audience of this argumentative assignment is the people who believed in a strict diet is the key point for getting a healthy life style. The people around me are concerned about how to lose weight. So, I want to through this essay to learn the knowledge of diet and let them be knowledged as well.

In the class, the comma of a sentence has been mentioned. But when I’m in the writing center, the problem of the comma showing up. In the writing after this assignment, I would double check whether or not I lost my subject in a sentence.